Sunday, January 8, 2017

Beauty and the Beast

Source: Pinterest
Disney's recreation of the classic fairy tale story "Beauty and the Beast" will be out soon in March 2017. I am looking forward to it very much and I plan to spend ticket money to go to the cinema theatre to watch it. It will be my first movie in a cinema theatre since 3 or 4 years ago. It will star Emma Watson (Belle) and Dan Stevens (Beast). I love this story very much. Even though the last time I watched Disney's animated version of Beauty and the Beast was more than a decade ago when I was a kid, I couldn't forget the story, the beautiful Belle, the monstrous but kind Beast, the romantic love story between them, how the smell was broken by pure and true love and of course, the beautiful music scattered throughout the film composed by the genius Alan Menken.

However, as I try to find love in my own life, I really struggle. Every corner I turn into, I have to face the rejection due to not being very pretty.

I wonder if Beauty is not really a beauty, would her match with the Beast still be a success? If the Beast doesn't find Belle a pretty girl, would he still fall in love with her? If Belle is not the most beautiful girl in town, would the brawny but brainless Gaston still take notice of her?

Belle has been successful finding true love not only because of her good nature, but because of her above-average good looks.

I love this story so much and I thought every girl will have this kind of happy story in her life. I am a bit disillusioned because the stark reality is rather harsh. I overlooked the fact that Belle was a beauty and it would be easier to be successful in finding a man who would love her back.

However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Because it was God who gave me my looks, there must a good reason for it. I don't think God put me here on Earth to go through the mortals' moderns weapons of beauty such as cosmetic surgery and breast enhancement. There must be better and bigger things awaiting me, right? God must be trying to teach me to look beyond beauty and to look down into a person's heart right?

If you like my blog, remember to follow the link to my eBook at Amazon at the sidebar of this blog!

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends in your favourite social network? Click one of the social media buttons below to start sharing. Do you have similar stories? Use the "Contact Me!" contact form in the side bar and tell me more about it.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...