Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Whatsapp: Your New (Maybe Not So New) Dating Tool


I know Tinder. You know it too.

I know some of those dating websites. You know too. The one I signed up before was eSynchrony.

I know some of those dating and match-making agencies out there. You know them too. Goodluck Matching agency at POMO. It's Just Lunch. Lunch Actually. Rings a bell in you?

There are also some people who post ads looking for boyfriends and girlfriends using online personnel classifieds such as Locanto.

For a long time, this is what I think of dating:

  • You meet people through your own social circle of friends, interest groups, workplace, dating apps, dating websites, and dating agencies.
  • Then someone is interested in you and you are also interested in him/her and so both of you started chatting a bit.
  • Then if things seem to go on fine, both of you decide to go further by talking on the phone or even meeting up face to face.
With the popularity of messaging apps like Whatsapp, I find that talking on the phone has been completely substituted by messaging. This is NEW to me. I never know that so many guys like to date girls using Whatsapp.

These days, after getting my contact number, the guys will usually whatsapp me and then we just chat there. A lot of time is spent chatting about my education , work, interests and hobbies and things got very boring after you repeat the same content over and over again to each and every guy who contacts you. I wonder when they want to start meeting up. So these days, after a while, I just ask the guy straight whether he want to meet up or not so that I don't waste my time on the wrong guy who has no intention of meeting a real girl for the purpose of finding one to settle down with.

I wonder why they don't want to meet up as soon as possible. How much will they "really know" a person by asking the person to share his/her details through a messaging app? A person's character can only be accurately determined if you interact with him/her personally.

Even if you chatted well on whatsapp, it doesn't mean both of you will be a good match after meeting online. If you are looking for someone to settle down, get off from whatsapp fast and meet up! You are going to be married to a real person, not a phone.

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends on your favourite social network? Click one of the share button below the post.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...