Monday, January 23, 2017

Your cousin is beautiful but you are not? So who can you blame?

Source: PictureQuotes.com
I tried to find the screenshot but couldn't. Apologies.

I shared with a guy about my cousin who all the while has told everyone around her she didn't want to get married but suddenly had a change of mind. As if there was magic, within a short time, her eldest brother found her a good match. They dated for only one year before the guy proposed to her. They officially consummated one year later and in the third year of their marriage had their first kid. Everything simply flowed smoothly.

This guy then gave me those comments, telling me that "your cousin is beautiful but you are not. So who can you blame?"

Yes I can blame someone else.

I blame my parents. I want to blame them for not being beautiful and handsome. Otherwise, I would not have to get this kind of comment from men.

But, what this guy said has a bit of truth in it.

If I inherited certain genes from my parents, I have only myself to blame right? It is I who inherited the genes. My parents merely provided the gene pool from which I'm created from but the final product came from me who did the final assembly right?

Ya. I'm to be blamed for everything. My ugliness, loneliness.

But the good thing is, I frequently prep-talk myself out of those depressing thoughts. I managed to find ways to keep myself engaged in positive and fulfilling activities such as blogging and photography.

I have written several eBooks which are on sale on Amazon Kindle, and this Dating Nightmares blog of mine has been fairly successful. I have fulfilled one of my goals of being a blogger and a writer! I have done it! And I'm slowly progressing to fulfill some of my other goals such as being a trainer and coach.

I am trying my best to live a good life. As for the rest, I don't care.

If you like my blog, remember to follow the link to my eBook at Amazon at the sidebar of this blog!

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends in your favourite social network? Click one of the social media buttons below to start sharing. Do you have similar stories? Use the "Contact Me!" contact form in the side bar and tell me more about it.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...