Wednesday, August 24, 2016

How many times have you had the "Why haven't you got married yet?" conversations?

Image Source: life.stylehoney.com
Many of my Facebook friends (all males) are surprised that I'm still single and I have been bombed with repeated questions of "Why haven't you got married?" many times. The way these guys asked questions are very routine and I always ended up answering the same set of questions over and over again.

I'm tired of answering. Over time, I have come up with a routine on how to answer such questions. This is how it usually goes:

Male Friend: You look pretty. Why haven't you got married?

Me: Because I don't have a boyfriend.

Male Friend: Why you don't have boyfriend?

Me: I don't know.

Male Friend: Are your standards too high?

Me: Definitely no.

Male Friend: If there's someone who is genuine, would you consider?
(they usually refer to themselves)

Me: Yes, of course I would consider.
Male Friend: I am single and I'm also looking for someone nice and genuine. Hope to see you soon.

Actually I wonder why they say that. These are usually foreign friends who has never seen me before. How would they be able to understand who I was? Moreover, even if I'm open to a relationship with them, how are we going to maintain the relationship when we are living in two different countries?

I don't believe in long-distance relationship by the way, at least not in the beginning stage of a relationship.

What's your way of dealing with the "Why haven't you got married yet?" question?

If you like my blog, remember to follow the link to my eBook at Amazon at the sidebar of this blog!

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends in your favourite social network? Click one of the social media buttons below to start sharing. Do you have similar stories? Use the "Contact Me!" contact form in the side bar and tell me more about it.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...