Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Stereotyping An Introvert When Seeking a Relationship

Image Source: YouTube
After I posted an ad on Locanto Singapore website advertising that I'm looking for a boyfriend, I have been getting contacted by guys on a regular basis. It wasn't that bad after all. Only one or two are looking for sex. The rest are looking for real genuine long-term relationship that may lead to a marriage.

I was chatting with guy who worked in the central business district near Tanjong Pagar.

He was messaging me during working hours and sarcastically commented that I was "so busy that I didn't answer him?"

I replied with frustration asking him whether "it is right for someone not to be focus on his or her work during work hours."

He then apologised and said he meant no harm.

Next, he noticed that I didn't talk a lot and he texted me, "You are rather quiet."

I admitted to him. I told him I'm more a doer than a talker.

He then made a casual remark, "I hope you are not an introvert".

I think he doesn't mean to be offensive, but it really came as quite offensive to me.

So I told him off. I said, "I am an introvert. And I am a proud introvert. But I'm not the extreme type of introvert. Most people have a mix of introvert and extrovert qualities. Nobody is a pure extrovert or introvert."

He knew I was serious. So he replied, "No offence. I mean no harm."

In my daily life, I make friends with all types of people, both extroverts and introverts. Why do we want to make such a distinction? I don't understand. We are all humans and we are all equally valuable. Each life is unique. To classify people is a demeaning thing to do.

There are both good qualities in both extroverts and introverts. Two extroverts or two introverts can be couple, while an extrovert and an introvert can also be a potential couple as well. I have read and seen many kinds of couples.

I don't know why people have a problem with introverts. Are we from another planet? Do we look very differently from other people? We are as qualified as other women who are extroverts.

My answer to people who have issues with introverts will always be this: I am an introvert and a proud introvert because many outstanding introverts have changed the world and I'm 100 percent sure that there is nothing wrong with us.

If you like my blog, remember to follow the link to my eBook at Amazon at the sidebar of this blog!

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends in your favourite social network? Click one of the social media buttons below to start sharing. Do you have similar stories? Use the "Contact Me!" contact form in the side bar and tell me more about it.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...