Monday, August 8, 2016

Cheats Don't Say "Let's Break Up!"

Source: http://mumsru.club/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Funny-Break-Up-Memes-14.jpg
I'm envious of my cousin. She was around 28 when she finally decided she wanted to find a boyfriend after so many years of saying she did not want to marry anyone. She did not have to date for long. Her eldest brother introduced one to her. That was it. They dated for 1 year and then got married another year. Now, into the third year of her marriage, she had her first child.

On the other hand, I've been searching for one since 7 years ago. I've dated many guys. On average, each of my relationships lasted for about 3 months. Many of these relationships are just temporary enjoyment for the guys which I only realised after not hearing from the guys for weeks.

I have been unlucky enough to meet guys who know how to act genuinely to win my heart when they only wanted to get to know me to temporarily mend some sadness during that period of their lives.

Some of them had breakups before getting to know me. There was one who got me as his girlfriend because his father is critically ill and he wanted to have some fun to dispel his stress. After 6 months of going out together (which averages only 2 meetups per month), his father died. He went back to his country to see his father for the last time before heading to Australia. Another one lied to me that he had broken up with his girlfriend but when he updated a photo of him and his other girlfriend in a social media account which I questioned he about, he disappeared. These are only a few out of so many dates I have had over the past 7 years.

I really wanted to settle down. I really don't know why my life is like that. I only want to find just ONE guy but god gave me so many fake ones.

What I don't really like about these people is they didn't say they wanted to break up when they decided they wanted to stop what they are doing. They just disappeared. They just stopped. They just stopped contacting me for weeks. Only when I questioned them that they told me they did not have the intention to going out with me anymore. I was always so upset because I was always in the dark of dark intentions of these guys.

Some were even smarter. They like to use this trick called "delaying". They promised to travel together, say Malaysia or the Batam Islands. But when I asked about, they would keep saying soon. So 1 week became a month. And then a month became a few months. And I would then know that it was going to happen. They were just trying to make me think they were genuine but they were not. So, I would then learn my lessons and delete their contacts from my phone and I swore to god I wouldn't want to meet them anymore in my life.

So, that's what I learn: Cheats Don't Say "Let's Break Up". They just disappear suddenly out of my life, just as they suddenly appear in my life.

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends in your favourite social network? Click one of the social media buttons below to start sharing. Do you have similar stories? Use the "Contact Me!" contact form in the side bar and tell me more about it.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...