Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Don't go for handsome guys

Handsome guy. (Source: Pinterest)
About two months ago, I overheard my mum who was talking on the house phone about my younger sister. For those of you who have been following my blog, you would have known something unfortunately happened to my younger sister.

She had recently gone through a painful divorce and it wasn't even a reasonable divorce. Her ex-husband who was a Chinese young man from China wanted to file for a divorce not because he didn't find her compatible or because he had an extra-marital affairs (he did have, but it secondary to the primary reason). The primary reason I think is because he has obtained his Permanent Residency in Singapore. It was very obvious because he asked for a divorce as soon as he has obtained it!

I don't even think my sister's ex-husband is qualified to be a handsome man. Anyway, that's how my mum sees it to be.

So she was on the phone sharing that she had told my sister to look for normal looking guys because handsome guys were usually not genuine. (Whether that's true or not, you can mull over it over the weekend.)

Personally, I don't think it's totally true. I have already looked at so many wedding photos of my friends on Facebook and their husbands are so handsome. Their marriages seem stable because many of them have their children one or two years after their marriages. Some have one child and others have two children. A few have even three now.

I think whether or not a guy is handsome or not, we need to go below their surface and feel from our intuition whether this guy is real or fake, genuine or a fraud. You have to step away from your emotions for a while and look at things with a level head.

One thing that I don't feel my mum is being fair towards my sister is that she seems to be blaming my sister when I feel that she needs to take half of the blame. 8 years ago when the guy proposed to marry my sister, I told my mum to say no, at least for a year, to test their relationship. However, she refused. She told me she would accept all responsibilities if anything happened. All my other family members including my father and my grandfather objected in view that they needed more time to assess this guy. My mum agreed and pushed ahead with the marriage despite all our objections.

So things have turned sour. My mum didn't accept full responsibility and blamed my sister for going after guys who  were handsome. If she had said no 8 years ago, the tragedy today might never have happened.

Life has to go on. This divorce has dealt a huge blow to my sister. I hope time will heal her broken heart.

Good luck to the rest of you!

If you like my blog, remember to follow the link to my eBook at Amazon at the sidebar of this blog!

Like what you read? Why not share it with your friends in your favourite social network? Click one of the social media buttons below to start sharing. Do you have similar stories? Use the "Contact Me!" contact form in the side bar and tell me more about it.

If you like this blog, subscribe to my newsletter! Click this link.
Read my eBook too. Download "Dating Nightmares in a Metropolitan City" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...